The role of the volunteer has been in our society for many years. School districts throughout the state realize the need for volunteers in public education today. Using volunteers in schools creates cooperation between the home and school. And the bottom line is research proves parent engagement increases student achievement. So where do you come in as the Volunteer chair? You get to be the bridge between the volunteers you recruit and those who provide the volunteers' jobs, and as an added bonus you get to be the one to cheer the volunteers on as they provide the extra hands and feet that are needed throughout our education system.
- Work with the outgoing person in your position to obtain anything that can help you perform your duties.
- Review the Resource Guide and Online Course for detailed support and best practices.
- Develop a Plan of Work and submit it to the Executive Board for approval. View the Sample Plan.
- Ensure your PTA is enrolled in JoinPTA.org and that all profile information is accurate.
- Sign the Confidentiality, Ethics, and Conflict of Interest Agreement and submit it to the secretary.
- Complete mandatory FOUNDATIONS training including Essentials within 30 days of election or appointment.