Fundraising is important: to raise funds for needed items, services, and programs. Yet, raising funds has many other benefits beyond simply the obvious. Every movement needs momentum or fuel, and the successful fulfillment of the PTA mission often relies on the monies raised each year. So yes, fundraising can make a huge impact. However, as the fundraising chair, your goal is to be sure that while raising the necessary funds, the overarching mission of PTA is not lost in the fundraiser's details. Get ready to get your creative juices flowing!
- Work with the outgoing person in your position to obtain anything that can help you perform your duties.
- Review the Resource Guide and Online Course for detailed support and best practices.
- Develop a Plan of Work and submit it to the Executive Board for approval. View the Sample Plan.
- Ensure your PTA is enrolled in JoinPTA.org and that all profile information is accurate.
- Sign the Confidentiality, Ethics, and Conflict of Interest Agreement and submit it to the secretary.
- Complete mandatory FOUNDATIONS training including Essentials within 30 days of election or appointment.